Established website builder Weebly joined the Square family of products in 2018. Since then, the two teams have been working hard behind the scenes on new features as well as new collaborative and improved customer experience.
New Customer Onboarding Experience
Customers signing up to Weebly for the first time will be asked a few questions to help determine the type of site they wish to build. Those selecting the website option will be directed to the familiar Weebly dashboard. New customers who wish to sell products online will now have an onboarding experience through Square Online.
Square Online uses industry best practices for web-design and online selling to ensure sites are optimized for performance, conversions, and customer engagement. Its section based design makes it easy for users to launch a beautiful, effective online store quickly with minimal effort.
This new experience allows sellers to take advantage of additional features like Square Online Checkout, shoppable Instagram functionality, and more. Keep reading to the end of this post for additional information.
If you are not yet familiar with Square Online, we highly recommend trying it for yourself. Signup is free and there are also free plans.
ShareASale Tracking Update
With this updated onboarding flow, customers choosing to sell online will move from the Weebly domain to the Square Online domain. We have added additional tracking within ShareASale to ensure Weebly affiliates still receive credit for these sales. If you are an existing Weebly affiliate with questions or concerns about your tracking, please contact us to schedule a call.
The Square Online Affiliate Program
In addition to the Weebly affiliate program through ShareASale, Square Online also offers a direct affiliate program through Impact.
As a new Square Online affiliate, you can earn $50 for subscription plan purchases and an additional $50 when a new seller you refer makes their first sale via their new store. The program offers a 30 day referral period. Some restrictions do apply, so please review the payout details.
If you need assistance getting started, our Square Online Starter Guide provides additional content, images, and product walkthroughs.
Square Online eCommerce Features
To help affiliate partners update content to reflect the new Square Online integration, here are the top features of the platform. This is by no means a comprehensive list. Please reach out if you need additional information, have questions, or to explore positioning for a specific niche or audience vertical.
- Free subscription plan: sell unlimited products and get automatic syncing of in person and online items, inventory, orders, and customers with Square. Paid subscription plans offer additional features, like custom domains and branding, abandoned cart emails, integrated shipping, and more.
- Syncs with Square: Square Online seamlessly integrates with Square Point of Sale to simplify all aspects of your business. Keep online and in-person orders, items, inventory and customers in sync, all in one place.
- Square gift cards: Accept Square gift cards in person and online. Plus sell gift cards on your online store by linking to your Square gift card page.
- Secure and easy payments with Square: Take payments on site and in person with Square credit card processing. Accept all major cards and get deposits as fast as the next business day. Enjoy eCommerce processing fees of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction or lower.
- Google Pay and Apple Pay: Give customers more payment options and simplified mobile checkout by accepting Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Online store builder: Easy branding with own layouts, easily updating fonts, colors, and button styles. Design a store that’s built for business.
- SEO tools: Set item-level and page-level titles and descriptions for SEO. All sites include optimized HTML format and mobile-friendly design to help raise Google rankings.
- Stories: Provides a blogging-like feature for businesses to quickly and easily add unique content such as product updates, announcements, content marketing, and thought leadership in their space. Stories is tightly integrated into the normal Square Online editor with Story pages added, edited, and published like any other Square Online page.
- Facebook integrations: Use Facebook messenger to communicate with customers, include Facebook pixels to manage advertising, and make products visible on a Facebook Page via Facebook Shop. All you need is a Facebook account.
- Instagram integration: Customers can shop for products from right inside Instagram. Just a tap takes customers directly to your site for easy checkout. Or import your Instagram feed to display on your site.
Square Online also offers integrated shipping tools, abandoned cart emails, in-store and curb-side pickup options, local delivery, and customer reviews. Restaurants and Service based businesses using Square Online can also easily add online menus, online ordering that can integrated with your kitchen ticketing system, order status text alerts for customers, tipping, and booking through Square Appointments.